Maatha is renamed for Goseva
Goseva are set up to rescue and take care of cattle that has been abandoned or illegally sent for slaughter. Feeding, Watering, Medical care,
Maintaining better hygiene and welfare along with providing comfort and protection from inclement weather to the cattle are the primary functions of a Goseva.
- Freedom from hunger and thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and comfortable resting areas.
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to express normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment, which avoid mental suffering.